47 CFR 73.614 - Power and antenna height requirements.
(a) Minimum requirements. Applications will not be accepted for filing if they specify less than −10 dBk (100 watts) horizontally polarized visual effective radiated power in any horizontal direction. No minimum antenna height above average terrain is specified.
(b) Maximum power. Applications will not be accepted for filing if they specify a power which exceeds the maximum permitted boundaries specified in the following formulas:
(1) Channels 2-6 in Zone I:
(2) Channels 2-6 in Zones II and III:
(3) Channels 7-13 in Zone I:
(4) Channels 7-13 in Zones II and III:
(5) Channels 14-69 in Zones I, II, and III:
(6) The effective radiated power in any horizontal or vertical direction may not exceed the maximum values permitted by this section.
(7) The effective radiated power at any angle above the horizontal shall be as low as the state of the art permits, and in the same vertical plane may not exceed the effective radiated power in either the horizontal direction or below the horizontal, whichever is greater.
(c) Determination of applicable rules. The zone in which the transmitter of a television station is located or proposed to be located determines the applicable rules with respect to maximum antenna heights and powers for VHF stations when the transmitter is located in Zone I and the channel to be employed is located in Zone II, or the transmitter is located in Zone II and the channel to be employed is located in Zone I.
Title 47 published on 2015-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 73 after this date.