47 CFR 80.33 - Developmental license.
This section contains rules about the licensing of developmental operations at stations subject to this part.
(a) Supplemental eligibility. An authorization for developmental operation will be issued only to persons eligible to operate such stations on a regular basis.
(b) Showing required. Each application for a developmental license must be accompanied by the following showing:
(2) A point has been reached in the program where actual transmission by radio is essential to progress;
(5) The applicant is legally qualified and possesses technical facilities for conduct of the program as proposed; and
(c) Statement of understanding. The showing must state that the applicant agrees that any developmental license issued will be accepted with the express understanding that it is subject to change in any of its terms or to cancellation in its entirety at any time, upon reasonable notice but without a hearing, if, in the opinion of the Commission, circumstances should so require.
(d) Assignable frequencies. Applicants for a developmental license may be authorized to use a frequency or frequencies available for the service and class of station proposed. The number of frequencies assignable to a particular station will depend upon the specific requirements of the developmental program and the number of frequencies available for use in the area where the station is to be operated.
(1) The developmental program as described by the applicant in the application for authorization must be substantially followed unless the Commission otherwise directs.
(2) Where some phases of the developmental program are not covered by the general rules of the Commission and the rules in this part, the Commission may specify supplemental or additional requirements or conditions.
(3) The Commission may, from time to time, require a station engaged in developmental work to conduct special tests which are reasonable to the authorized developmental program.
(1) Stations authorized to conduct developmental operations must conform to all applicable technical and operating requirements contained in this part, unless a waiver is specifically provided in the station authorization.
(2) Communication with any station of a country other than the United States is prohibited unless specifically provided in the station authorization.
(3) Developmental operations must not cause harmful interference to the operation of stations regularly authorized to use the frequency or frequencies.
(g) Report of operation required. A report on the results of the developmental program must be filed within 60 days of the expiration of the license. A report must accompany a request for renewal of the license. Matters which the applicant does not wish to disclose publicly may be so labeled; they will be used solely for the Commission's information. However, public disclosure is governed by § 0.467 of this chapter. The report must include the following:
(5) Number of hours of operation on each authorized frequency during the term of the license to the date of the report.
[51 FR 31213, Sept. 2, 1986, as amended at 63 FR 68955, Dec. 14, 1998]
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.