47 CFR 80.379 - Maritime frequencies assignable to aircraft stations.
This section describes the maritime frequencies assignable to aircraft stations for simplex operations:
(a) Available frequencies:
|Carrier frequency||Conditions of use|
(b) The conditions of use of the carrier frequencies in paragraph (a) of this section, are:
(2) Aircraft and ship stations may use 3023.0 kHz and 5680.0 kHz for search and rescue scene-of-action coordination including communications between these stations and participating land stations. Stations using these frequencies must use J3E emission;
(3) Assignable for distress and safety communications between aircraft and maritime mobile stations;
(4) Assignable for search and rescue between ships and aircraft. Stations using these frequencies must use A3E emission;
(5) These frequencies may be used by aircraft stations when:
(i) The altitude of aircraft stations does not exceed 300 meters (1,000 feet), except for reconnaissance aircraft participating in icebreaking operations where an altitude of 450 meters (1,500 feet) is allowed;
(ii) The mean power of aircraft stations must not exceed five watts;
(iii) Communications are limited to operations in which the maritime mobile stations are primarily involved and where direct communications between the aircraft and the ship or coast station is required;
(iv) Stations may use 156.300 MHz for safety purposes only;
(v) Stations may use 156.800 MHz for distress, safety and calling only; and
(6) The use of 157.100 MHz is limited to communications with stations of the Department of Interior at Lake Mead, Nevada; and
(7) Commercial fishing vessels and associated aircraft may use 157.425 MHz while engaged in commercial fishing activities except within 120 km (75 miles) of the United States/Canada border and Puget Sound and the Strait of Juan de Fuca and its approaches, the Great Lakes, and the St. Lawrence Seaway.
Title 47 published on 09-May-2017 04:29
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 80 after this date.