47 CFR 87.481 - Unattended operation of domestic radiobeacon stations.
(a) Radiobeacons may be licensed for unattended operation. An applicant must comply with the following:
(1) The transmitter is crystal controlled and specifically designed for radiobeacon service and capable of transmitting by self-actuating means;
(2) The emissions of the transmitter must be continuously monitored by a licensed operator, or by a direct positive automatic monitor, supplemented by aural monitoring at suitable intervals;
(3) If as a result of aural monitoring it is determined that a deviation from the terms of the station license has occurred, the transmitters must be disabled immediately by a properly authorized person. If automatic monitoring is used, the monitor must insure that the operation of the transmitter meets the license terms or is disabled;
(4) A properly authorized person must be able to reach the transmitter and disable it in a reasonable amount of time, so as not to adversely affect life or property in the air;
(5) The equipment must be inspected at least every 180 days. Results of inspections must be kept in the station maintenance records;
(6) The transmitter is not operable by or accessible to, other than authorized persons;
(7) The transmitter is in a remote location.