(a) Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, each application for developmental operation shall be accompanied by a showing that:
(1) The applicant has an organized plan of development leading to a specific objective;
(2) The actual transmission by radio is essential to proceed beyond the present stage of the program;
(3) The program has reasonable promise of substantial contribution to the expansion or extension of the radio art, or is investigating new unexplored concepts in radio transmission and communications;
(4) The program will be conducted by qualified personnel;
(5) The applicant is legally and financially qualified, and possesses adequate technical facilities to conduct the proposed program; and
(6) The public interest, convenience, and necessity will be served by the proposed operation.
(b) The provisions of paragraph (a) of this section do not apply when an application is made for developmental operation solely for the reason that the frequency requested is restricted to such developmental use.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.