47 CFR 95.179 - Individuals who may be station operators.
(a) An individual GMRS system licensee may permit immediate family members to be station operators in his or her GMRS system. Immediate family members are the:
(2) Licensee's spouse;
(3) Licensee's children, grandchildren, stepchildren;
(4) Licensee's parents, grandparents, stepparents;
(5) Licensee's brothers, sisters;
(6) Licensee's aunts, uncles, nieces, nephews; and
(7) Licensee's in-laws.
(b) Only the following persons may be permitted to operate under the authority of a GMRS system licensed to a non-individual:
|(1) If the GMRS system licensee is:||These persons may be station operators:|
|(i) A partnership||Licensee's partners and employees.|
|(ii) A corporation||Licensee's officers, directors, members and employees.|
|(iii) An association||Licensee's members and employees.|
|(iv) A governmental unit||Licensee's employees.|
(2) These persons may only communicate messages about the licensee's business activities. Employees of the licensee may communicate messages while acting within the scope of their employment, and only about the licensee's business activities.
(c) The licensee may permit a telephone answering service employee to be a station operator if:
(1) That employee only communicates messages received for the licensee to the licensee;
(2) The station equipment at the telephone answering point is not shared in any other GMRS system; and
(3) The station at the telephone answering service point is not interconnected to the public switched telephone network.
(d) The station operator of a GMRS system licensed to an individual may be a station operator in any other GMRS system if he/she has permission from the licensee of the other GMRS system.
(e) The provisions of § 95.33 regarding cooperative use do not apply to or govern the authority of a GMRS licensee to designate station operators in accordance with the provisions of this section.
Title 47 published on 08-Jun-2018 03:55
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 47 CFR Part 95 after this date.