§ 95.205(R/C Rule 5) Where may I operate my R/C station?
You are authorized to operate your R/C station from:
(a) Within or over any area of the world where radio services are regulated by the FCC. Those areas are within the territorial limits of:
(1) The fifty United States
(2) The District of Columbia
Caribbean Insular areas
(3) Commonwealth of Puerto Rico
(4) Navassa Island
(5) United States Virgin Islands (50 islets and cays)
Pacific Insular areas
(6) American Samoa (seven islands)
(7) Baker Island
(8) Commonwealth of Northern Mariana Islands
(9) Guam Island
(10) Howland Island
(11) Jarvis Island
(12) Johnston Island (Islets East, Johnston, North and Sand)
(13) Kingman Reef
(14) Midway Island (Islets Eastern and Sand)
(15) Palmyra Island (more than 50 islets)
(16) Wake Island (Islets Peale, Wake and Wilkes)
(b) Any other area of the world, except within the territorial limits of areas where radio services are regulated by—
(1) An agency of the United States other than the FCC. (You are subject to its rules.)
(2) Any foreign government. (You are subject to its rules.)
(c) An aircraft or ship, with the permission of the captain, within or over any area of the world where radio services are regulated by the FCC or upon or over international waters. You must operate your R/C station according to any applicable treaty to which the United States is a party.
Title 47 published on 2014-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 47.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.