48 CFR 13.005 - List of laws inapplicable to contracts and subcontracts at or below the simplified acquisition threshold.
(a) The following laws are inapplicable to all contracts and subcontracts (if otherwise applicable to subcontracts) at or below the simplified acquisition threshold pursuant to 41 U.S.C. 1905:
(1) 41 U.S.C. 8703 (Kickbacks statute). (Only the requirement for the incorporation of the contractor procedures for the prevention and detection of violations, and the contractual requirement for contractor cooperation in investigations are inapplicable.).
(2) 40 U.S.C. 3131 (Bonds statute). (Although the Bonds statute does not apply to contracts at or below the simplified acquisition threshold, alternative forms of payment protection for suppliers of labor and material (see 28.102) are still required if the contract exceeds $35,000 ( 40 U.S.C 3132).).
(3) 40 U.S.C. chapter 37 (Contract Work Hours and Safety Standards - Overtime Compensation).
(4) 41 U.S.C. 8102(a)(1) (Drug-Free Workplace), except for individuals.
(5) 42 U.S.C. 6962 (Solid Waste Disposal Act). (The requirement to provide an estimate of recovered material utilized in contract performance does not apply unless the contract value exceeds $150,000.)
(10) 31 U.S.C. 1354(a) (Limitation on use of appropriated funds for contracts with entities not meeting veterans employment reporting requirements).
(b) When acquiring commercial items or supplies or services procured in accordance with 12.102(f)(1) and (f)(2), the contracting officer may use a combined synopsis and solicitation. The FAR Council may make exceptions when it determines in writing that it is in the best interest of the Government that the enactment should apply to contracts or subcontracts not greater than the simplified acquisition threshold.
(c) The provisions of paragraph (b) of this section do not apply to laws that -
(1) Provide for criminal or civil penalties; or
(2) Specifically state that notwithstanding the language of 41 U.S.C. 1905, the enactment will be applicable to contracts or subcontracts in amounts not greater than the simplified acquisition threshold.
(d) Any individual may petition the Administrator, Office of Federal Procurement Policy (OFPP), to include any applicable provision of law not included on the list set forth in paragraph (a) of this section unless the FAR Council has already determined in writing that the law is applicable. The Administrator, OFPP, will include the law on the list in paragraph (a) of this section unless the FAR Council makes a determination that it is applicable within 60 days of receiving the petition.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 13 after this date.