48 CFR § 15.606-1 - Receipt and initial review.
(a) Before initiating a comprehensive evaluation, the agency contact point shall determine if the proposal -
(1) Is a valid unsolicited proposal, meeting the requirements of 15.603(c);
(2) Is suitable for submission in response to an existing agency requirement (see 15.602);
(3) Is related to the agency mission;
(4) Contains sufficient technical information and cost-related or price-related information for evaluation;
(5) Has overall scientific, technical, or socioeconomic merit;
(6) Has been approved by a responsible official or other representative authorized to obligate the offeror contractually; and
(7) Complies with the marking requirements of 15.609.
(b) If the proposal meets these requirements, the contact point shall promptly acknowledge receipt and process the proposal.
(c) If a proposal is rejected because the proposal does not meet the requirements of paragraph (a) of this subsection, the agency contact point shall promptly inform the offeror of the reasons for rejection in writing and of the proposed disposition of the unsolicited proposal.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.