48 CFR § 22.1203-2 - Exemptions.
(a) This subpart does not apply to -
(1) Contracts and subcontracts under the simplified acquisition threshold;
(2) Contracts or subcontracts awarded pursuant to 41 U.S.C. chapter 85, Committee for Purchase from People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled;
(3) Guard, elevator operator, messenger, or custodial services provided to the Government under contracts or subcontracts with sheltered workshops employing the “severely handicapped” as described in 40 U.S.C. 593;
(4) Agreements for vending facilities entered into pursuant to the preference regulations issued under the Randolph Sheppard Act, 20 U.S.C. 107; or
(5) Service employees who were hired to work under a Federal service contract and one or more nonfederal service contracts as part of a single job, provided that the service employees were not deployed in a manner that was designed to avoid the purposes of this subpart.
(b) The exemptions in paragraphs (a)(2) through (a)(4) of this subsection apply when either the predecessor or successor contract has been awarded for services produced or provided by the “severely handicapped.”