48 CFR 22.404-3 - Procedures for requesting wage determinations.
(a)General wage determinations. If there is a general wage determination on the WDOL website applicable to the project, the agency may use it without notifying the Department of Labor. When necessary, a request for a general wage determination may be made by submitting Standard Form (SF) 308, Request for Determination and Response to Request (see 53.301-308), to the Administrator, Wage and Hour Division, Attention: Branch of Construction Contract Wage Determinations, 200 Constitution Avenue, NW, Washington, DC 20210.
(b)Project wage determinations. If a general wage determination is not available on WDOL, a contracting agency shall submit requests for project wage determinations on SF 308 to the Department of Labor. The requests shall include the following information:
(1) The location, including the county (or other civil subdivision) and State in which the proposed project is located.
(2) The name of the project and a sufficiently detailed description of the work to indicate the types of construction involved (e.g., building, heavy, highway, residential, or other type).
(3) Any available pertinent wage payment information, unless wage patterns in the area are clearly established.
(4) The estimated cost of each project.
(5) All the classifications of laborers and mechanics likely to be employed.
(c)Time for submission of requests.
(1) The time required by the Department of Labor for processing requests for project wage determinations varies according to the facts and circumstances in each case. An agency should expect the processing to take at least 30 days. Accordingly, agencies should submit requests for project wage determinations for the primary site of the work to the Department of Labor at least 45 days (60 days if possible) before issuing the solicitation or exercising an option to extend the term of a contract.
(2) Agencies should promptly submit to the Department of Labor an offeror's request for a project wage determination for a secondary site of the work.
(d)Review of wage determinations. Immediately upon receipt, the contracting agency shall examine the wage determination and inform the Department of Labor of any changes necessary or appropriate to correct errors. Private parties requesting changes should be advised to submit their requests to the Department of Labor.