48 CFR § 22.406-7 - Compliance checking.
(a) General. The contracting officer shall make checks and investigations on all contracts covered by this subpart as may be necessary to ensure compliance with the labor standards requirement of the contract.
(b) Regular compliance checks. Regular compliance checking includes the following activities:
(1) Employee interviews to determine correctness of classifications, rates of pay, fringe benefits payments, and hours worked. (See Standard Form 1445.)
(2) On-site inspections to check type of work performed, number and classification of workers, and fulfillment of posting requirements.
(3) Payroll reviews to ensure that payrolls of prime contractors and subcontractors have been submitted on time and are complete and in compliance with contract requirements.
(4) Comparison of the information in this paragraph (b) with available data, including daily inspector's report and daily logs of construction, to ensure consistency.
(c) Special compliance checks. Situations that may require special compliance checks include -
(1) Inconsistencies, errors, or omissions detected during regular compliance checks; or
(2) Receipt of a complaint alleging violations. If the complaint is not specific enough, the complainant shall be so advised and invited to submit additional information.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.