48 CFR § 23.703 - Policy.
Agencies must -
(a) Implement cost-effective contracting preference programs promoting energy-efficiency, water conservation, and the acquisition of environmentally preferable products and services; and
(b) Employ acquisition strategies that affirmatively implement the following environmental objectives:
(1) Maximize the utilization of environmentally preferable products and services (based on EPA-issued guidance).
(2) Promote energy-efficiency and water conservation.
(3) Eliminate or reduce the generation of hazardous waste and the need for special material processing (including special handling, storage, treatment, and disposal).
(4) Promote the use of nonhazardous and recovered materials.
(5) Realize life-cycle cost savings.
(6) Promote cost-effective waste reduction when creating plans, drawings, specifications, standards, and other product descriptions authorizing material substitutions, extensions of shelf-life, and process improvements.
(7) Promote the use of biobased products.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.