48 CFR 32.112-1 - Subcontractor assertions of nonpayment.
(a) In accordance with Section 806(a)(4) of Pub. L. 102-190, as amended by Sections 2091 and 8105 of Pub. L. 103-355 ( 10 U.S.C. 2302 note), upon the assertion by a subcontractor or supplier of a Federal contractor that the subcontractor or supplier has not been paid in accordance with the payment terms of the subcontract, purchase order, or other agreement with the prime contractor, the contracting officer may determine -
(1) For a construction contract, whether the contractor has made -
(i) Progress payments to the subcontractor or supplier in compliance with Chapter 39 of Title 31, United States Code (Prompt Payment Act); or
(ii) Final payment to the subcontractor or supplier in compliance with the terms of the subcontract, purchase order, or other agreement with the prime contractor;
(2) For a contract other than construction, whether the contractor has made progress payments, final payments, or other payments to the subcontractor or supplier in compliance with the terms of the subcontract, purchase order, or other agreement with the prime contractor; or
(3) For any contract, whether the contractor's certification of payment of a subcontractor or supplier accompanying its payment request to the Government is accurate.
(b) If, in making the determination in paragraphs (a)(1) and (2) of this section, the contracting officer finds the prime contractor is not in compliance, the contracting officer may -
(1) Encourage the contractor to make timely payment to the subcontractor or supplier; or
(2) If authorized by the applicable payment clauses, reduce or suspend progress payments to the contractor.
(c) If the contracting officer determines that a certification referred to in paragraph (a)(3) of this section is inaccurate in any material respect, the contracting officer shall initiate administrative or other remedial action.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 32 after this date.