48 CFR 4.1201 - Policy.
(a) Prospective contractors shall complete electronic annual representations and certifications at SAM accessed via https://www.acquisition.gov as a part of required registration (see FAR 4.1102).
(1) Prospective contractors shall update the representations and certifications submitted to SAM as necessary, but at least annually, to ensure they are kept current, accurate, and complete. The representations and certifications are effective until one year from date of submission or update to SAM.
(2) When any of the conditions in paragraph (b) of the clause at 52.219-28, Post-Award Small Business Program Rerepresentation, apply, contractors that represented they were small businesses prior to award of a contract must update the representations and certifications in SAM as directed by the clause. Contractors that represented they were other than small businesses prior to award of a contract may update the representations and certifications in SAM as directed by the clause, if their size status has changed since contract award.
(c) Data in SAM is archived and is electronically retrievable. Therefore, when a prospective contractor has completed representations and certifications electronically via SAM, the contracting officer must reference the date of SAM verification in the contract file, or include a paper copy of the electronically-submitted representations and certifications in the file. Either of these actions satisfies contract file documentation requirements of 4.803(a)(11). However, if an offeror identifies changes to SAM data pursuant to the FAR provisions at 52.204-8(d) or 52.212-3(b), the contracting officer must include a copy of the changes in the contract file.
- 48 CFR 252.204-7007 — Alternate A, Annual Representations and Certifications.
- 48 CFR 52.204-8 — Annual Representations and Certifications.
- 48 CFR 52.212-3 — Offeror Representations and Certifications - Commercial Items.
- 48 CFR 15.204-1 — Uniform Contract Format.
- 48 CFR 14.201-1 — Uniform Contract Format.
- 48 CFR 4.803 — Contents of Contract Files.