48 CFR § 4.602 - General.
(a) The FPDS provides a comprehensive web-based tool for agencies to report contract actions. The resulting data provides -
(1) A basis for recurring and special reports to the President, the Congress, the Government Accountability Office, Federal executive agencies, and the general public;
(2) A means of measuring and assessing the effect of Federal contracting on the Nation's economy and the extent to which small, veteran-owned small, service-disabled veteran-owned small, HUBZone small, small disadvantaged, women-owned small business concerns, and AbilityOne nonprofit agencies operating under 41 U.S.C. chapter 85, Committee for Purchase from People Who Are Blind or Severely Disabled, are sharing in Federal contracts;
(3) A means of measuring and assessing the effect of Federal contracting for promoting sustainable technologies, materials, products, and high-performance sustainable buildings. This is accomplished by collecting and reporting agency data on sustainable acquisition, including types of products purchased, the purchase costs, and the exceptions used for other than sustainable acquisition; and
(4) A means of measuring and assessing the effect of other policy and management initiatives (e.g., performance based acquisitions and competition).
(b) FPDS does not provide reports for certain acquisition information used in the award of a contract action (e.g., subcontracting data, funding data, or accounting data).
(c) The FPDS Web site, https://www.fpds.gov, provides instructions for submitting data. It also provides -
(1) A complete list of departments, agencies, and other entities that submit data to the FPDS;
(2) Technical and end-user guidance;
(3) A computer-based tutorial; and
(4) Information concerning reports not generated in FPDS.
The following state regulations pages link to this page.