48 CFR 45.103 - General.
(a) Agencies shall -
(1) Allow and encourage contractors to use voluntary consensus standards (see FAR 11.101(b)) and industry-leading practices and standards to manage Government property in their possession;
(2) Eliminate to the maximum practical extent any competitive advantage a prospective contractor may have by using Government property;
(3) Ensure maximum practical reutilization of contractor inventory for government purposes;
(4) Require contractors to use Government property already in their possession to the maximum extent practical in performing Government contracts;
(5) Charge appropriate rentals when the property is authorized for use on other than a rent-free basis; and
(b) Agencies will not generally require contractors to establish property management systems that are separate from a contractor's established procedures, practices, and systems used to account for and manage contractor-owned property.