48 CFR § 52.102 - Incorporating provisions and clauses.
(a) Provisions and clauses should be incorporated by reference to the maximum practical extent, rather than being incorporated in full text, even if they -
(1) Are used with one or more alternates or on an optional basis;
(2) Are prescribed on a “substantially as follows” or “substantially the same as” basis, provided they are used verbatim;
(4) Require completion by the offeror or prospective contractor. This instruction also applies to provisions completed as annual representations and certifications.
(b) Except for provisions and clauses prescribed in 52.107, any provision or clause that can be accessed electronically by the offeror or prospective contractor may be incorporated by reference in solicitations and/or contracts. However, the contracting officer, upon request, shall provide the full text of any provision or clause incorporated by reference.
(c) Agency approved provisions and clauses prescribed in agency acquisition regulations, and provisions and clauses not authorized by subpart 52.3 to be incorporated by reference, need not be incorporated in full text, provided the contracting officer includes in the solicitation and contract a statement that -
(1) Identifies all provisions and clauses that require completion by the offeror or prospective contractor;
(2) Specifies that the provisions and clauses must be completed by the offeror or prospective contractor and must be submitted with the quotation or offer; and
(3) Identifies to the offeror or prospective contractor at least one electronic address where the full text may be accessed.
(d) An agency may develop a group listing of provisions and clauses that apply to a specific category of contracts. An agency group listing may be incorporated by reference in solicitations and/or contracts in lieu of citing the provisions and clauses individually, provided the group listing is made available electronically to offerors and prospective contractors.
(e) A provision or clause that is not available electronically to offerors and prospective contractors shall be incorporated in solicitations and/or contracts in full text if it is -
(1) A FAR provision or clause that otherwise is not authorized to be incorporated by reference (see subpart 52.3); or
(2) A provision or clause prescribed for use in an agency acquisition regulation.
(f) Provisions or clauses may not be incorporated by reference by being listed in the -
(1) Provision at 52.252-3, Alterations in Solicitations; or
(2) Clause at 52.252-4, Alterations in Contract.