48 CFR 52.223-2 - Affirmative Procurement of Biobased Products Under Service and Construction Contracts.
As prescribed in 23.406(b), insert the following clause:
(a) In the performance of this contract, the contractor shall make maximum use of biobased products that are United States Department of Agriculture (USDA)-designated items unless -
(1) The product cannot be acquired -
(i) Competitively within a time frame providing for compliance with the contract performance schedule;
(ii) Meeting contract performance requirements; or
(iii) At a reasonable price.
(2) The product is to be used in an application covered by a USDA categorical exemption (see 7 CFR 3201.3(e)). For example, all USDA-designated items are exempt from the preferred procurement requirement for the following:
(i) Spacecraft system and launch support equipment.
(ii) Military equipment, i.e., a product or system designed or procured for combat or combat-related missions.
(b) Information about this requirement and these products is available at http://www.biopreferred.gov.
(c) In the performance of this contract, the Contractor shall -
(1) Report to http://www.sam.gov, with a copy to the Contracting Officer, on the product types and dollar value of any USDA-designated biobased products purchased by the Contractor during the previous Government fiscal year, between October 1 and September 30; and
(2) Submit this report no later than -
(i) October 31 of each year during contract performance; and
(ii) At the end of contract performance.
- 48 CFR 952.223-78 — Sustainable Acquisition Program.
- 48 CFR 1.106 — OMB Approval Under the Paperwork Reduction Act.
- 48 CFR 52.204-8 — Annual Representations and Certifications.
- 48 CFR 970.2301-2 — Contract Clauses.
- 48 CFR 970.5223-7 — Sustainable Acquisition Program.
- 48 CFR 23.406 — Solicitation Provisions and Contract Clauses.
- 48 CFR 923.103 — Contract Clauses.