48 CFR 6.102 - Use of competitive procedures.
The competitive procedures available for use in fulfilling the requirement for full and open competition are as follows:
(a)Sealed bids. (See 6.401(a).)
(b)Competitive proposals. (See 6.401(b).) If sealed bids are not appropriated under (a) above, contracting officers shall request competitive proposals or use the other competitive procedures under (c) or (d) below.
(c)Combination of competitive procedures. If sealed bids are not appropriate, contracting officers may use any combination of competitive procedures (e.g., two-step sealed bidding).
(d)Other competitive procedures.
(2) Competitive selection of basic and applied research and that part of development not related to the development of a specific system or hardware procurement is a competitive procedure if award results from -
(i) A broad agency announcement that is general in nature identifying areas of research interest, including criteria for selecting proposals, and soliciting the participation of all offerors capable of satisfying the Government's needs; and
(ii) A peer of scientific review.
(3) Use of multiple award schedules issued under the procedures established by the Administrator of General Services consistent with the requirement of 41 U.S.C. 152(3)(A) for the multiple award schedule program of the General Services Administration is a competitive procedure.
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 48 CFR Part 6 after this date.
- 48 CFR 2.101 — Definitions.
- 48 CFR 8.404 — Use of Federal Supply Schedules.
- 48 CFR 208.602-70 — Acquisition of Items for Which FPI Has a Significant Market Share.
- 48 CFR 6.201 — Policy.
- 48 CFR 12.207 — Contract Type.
- 48 CFR 36.601-2 — Competition.
- 48 CFR 6.301 — Policy.
- 48 CFR 35.016 — Broad Agency Announcement.
- 48 CFR 15.502 — Applicability.
- 48 CFR 8.602 — Policy.