48 CFR 6.304 - Approval of the justification.
(a) Except for paragraph (b) of this section, the justification for other than full and open competition shall be approved in writing -
(1) For a proposed contract not exceeding $700,000, the contracting officer's certification required by 6.303-2(b)(12) will serve as approval unless a higher approving level is established in agency procedures.
(2) For a proposed contract over $700,000 but not exceeding $ 13.5 million, by the advocate for competition for the procuring activity designated pursuant to 6.501 or an official described in paragraph (a)(3) or (a)(4) of this section. This authority is not delegable.
(3) For a proposed contract over $ 13.5 million, but not exceeding $68 million, or, for DoD, NASA, and the Coast Guard, not exceeding $93 million, by the head of the procuring activity, or a designee who -
(i) If a member of the armed forces, is a general or flag officer; or
(ii) If a civilian, is serving in a position in a grade above GS-15 under the General Schedule (or in a comparable or higher position under another schedule).
(4) For a proposed contract over $68 million or, for DoD, NASA, and the Coast Guard, over $93 million, by the senior procurement executive of the agency designated pursuant to 41 U.S.C. 1702(c) in accordance with agency procedures. This authority is not delegable except in the case of the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics, acting as the senior procurement executive for the Department of Defense.
(c) A class justification for other than full and open competition shall be approved in writing in accordance with agency procedures. The approval level shall be determined by the estimated total value of the class.
(d) The estimated dollar value of all options shall be included in determining the approval level of a justification.
- 48 CFR 6.302-4 — International Agreement.
- 48 CFR 13.501 — Special Documentation Requirements.
- 48 CFR 6.303-1 — Requirements.
- 48 CFR 2901.707 — Signatory Authority.
- 48 CFR 706.302-70 — Impairment of Foreign Aid Programs.
- 48 CFR 6.302-6 — National Security.
- 48 CFR 806.304 — Approval of the Justification.
- 48 CFR 6.302-2 — Unusual and Compelling Urgency.
- 48 CFR 5706.302-70 — Impairment of Foreign Aid Programs.
- 48 CFR 606.304 — Approval of the Justification.
- 48 CFR 1306.304 — Approval of the Justification.
- 48 CFR 806.570 — Planning Requirements.
- 48 CFR 6.302-5 — Authorized or Required by Statute.
- 48 CFR 6.302-3 — Industrial Mobilization; Engineering, Developmental, or Research Capability; Or Expert Services.
- 48 CFR 606.304-70 — Acquisitions by Overseas Posts.
- 48 CFR 2806.304 — Approval of the Justification.
- 48 CFR 6.302-1 — Only One Responsible Source and No Other Supplies or Services Will Satisfy Agency Requirements.
- 48 CFR 3006.304-70 — DHS Approval of Justification.