48 CFR 873.106 - Presolicitation exchanges with industry.
(a) This section shall be used in lieu of FAR part 10, except as provided in paragraph (b)(3) of this section. In conducting market research, exchange of information by all interested parties involved in an acquisition, from the earliest identification of a requirement through release of the solicitation, is encouraged. Interested parties include potential offerors, end users, Government acquisition and support personnel, and others involved in the conduct or outcome of the acquisition. The nature and extent of presolicitation exchanges between the Government and industry shall be a matter of the contracting officer's discretion (for acquisitions not exceeding the simplified acquisition threshold) or the acquisition team's discretion, as coordinated by the contracting officer. (38 U.S.C. 8153)
(b) Techniques to promote early exchange of information include -
(1) Industry or small business conferences;
(2) Public hearings;
(3) Market research in accordance with FAR 10.002(b), which shall be followed to the extent that the provisions therein would provide relevant information;
(4) One-on-one meetings with potential offerors;
(5) Presolicitation notices;
(6) Draft requests for proposals (RFPs);
(7) Requests for information (RFIs);
(8) Presolicitation or preproposal conferences;
(9) Site visits;
(10) Electronic notices (e.g., Internet); and
(11) Use of the Central Contractor Registration (CCR). (http://www.bpn.gov/ccrinq/scripts/search.asp) and the “Advanced Search” feature on VetBiz Vendor Information Pages (http://vip.vetbiz.gov/general_user/search/default.asp) to search for vendors. (38 U.S.C. 8153).
Title 48 published on 2015-12-04.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 48 CFR Part 873.