48 CFR 9904.414-30 - Definitions.
(a) The following are definitions of terms which are prominent in this Standard. Other terms defined elsewhere in this Part 99 shall have the meanings ascribed to them in those definitions unless paragraph (b) of this subsection, requires otherwise.
(1) Business Unit means any segment of an organization, or an entire business organization, which is not divided into segments.
(2) Cost of capital committed to facilities means an imputed cost determined by applying a cost of money rate to facilities capital.
(3) Facilities capital means the net book value of tangible capital assets and of those intangible capital assets that are subject to amortization.
(4) Intangible capital asset means an asset that has no physical substance, has more than minimal value, and is expected to be held by an enterprise for continued use or possession beyond the current accounting period for the benefits it yields.
(5) Tangible capital asset means an asset that has physical substance, more than minimal value, and is expected to be held by an enterprise for continued use or possession beyond the current accounting period for the services it yields.
(b) The following modifications of terms defined elsewhere in this chapter 99 are applicable to this Standard: None.