49 CFR 1.59a - Redelegations by the Assistant Secretary for Administration.
(a) The Assistant Secretary for Administration has re-delegated to the Director, Office of the Senior Procurement Executive the authority to:
(1) carry out the duties and responsibilities of agency head for departmental procurement within the meaning of the Federal Acquisition Regulation except for those duties expressly reserved for the Secretary of Transportation.
(2) carry out the functions of the Chief Acquisition Officer except for those functions specifically reserved for the Deputy Secretary.
(3) procure and authorize payment for property and services for the Office of the Secretary, with power to re-delegate and authorize successive re-delegations.
(b) The Assistant Secretary for Administration has redelegated to the Director of Personnel authority to:
(1) Conduct a personnel management program for the Office of the Secretary with authority to take, direct others to take, recommend or approve any personnel action with respect to such authority.
(2) Develop, coordinate, and issue wage schedules for Department employees under the Federal Wage System, except as delegated to the Commandant of the Coast Guard at § 1.46 of this part.
(c) The Assistant Secretary for Administration has redelegated to the Director of Financial Management authority to:
(1) Designate to the Treasury Department certifying officers and designated agents for the Office of the Secretary and imprest fund cashiers for the Departmental Headquarters.
(2) Certify to the validity of obligations as required by 31 U.S.C. 200 and to the adequacy of bond coverage for the designations under section 160(c)(2).
(4) Review and approve for payment any voucher for $25 or less the authority for payment of which is questioned by a certifying or disbursing officer.
(6) Approve claims of OST employees allowable under 31 U.S.C. 3721 for amounts of $500 or less.
[Amdt. 1-209, 51 FR 29233, Aug. 15, 1986, as amended by Amdt. 1-232, 54 FR 46616, Nov. 6, 1989; 69 FR 60563, Oct. 12, 2004]
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.