49 CFR 1007.6 - Disclosure to third parties.
(a) The Board shall not disclose to any agency or to any person by any means of communication a record pertaining to an individual which is contained in a system of records, except under the following circumstances:
(2) The disclosure is to officers and employees of the Board who need it in the performance of their duties;
(3) Disclosure is required under the Freedom of Information Act (5 U.S.C. 552).
(5) The disclosure is made to the Bureau of the Census for the purposes of planning or carrying out a census or survey or related activity;
(6) The disclosure is made to a recipient who has provided the agency with advance adequate written assurance that the record will be used solely as a statistical research or reporting record, and the record is to be transferred in a form that is not individually identifiable;
(7) The disclosure is made to another agency or to an instrumentality of any Governmental jurisdiction within or under the control of the United States for a civil or criminal law enforcement activity if the activity is authorized by law and if the head of the agency or instrumentality has made a written request to the Board specifying the particular portion desired and the law enforcement activity for which the record is sought;
(8) The disclosure is made to the National Archives and Records Administration as a record which has sufficient historical or other value to warrant its continued preservation by the United States Government, or for evaluation by the Archivist of the United States or his designee to determine whether the record has such value.
(9) The disclosure is made to a person pursuant to a showing of compelling circumstances affecting the health or safety of an individual if upon such disclosure notification is transmitted to the last known address of such individual;
(10) The disclosure is made to either House of Congress, or, to the extent of matter(s) within its jurisdiction, any committee or subcommittee thereof, any joint committee of Congress or subcommittee of any such joint committee;
(11) The disclosure is made to the Comptroller General, or any of his authorized representatives, in the course of the performance of the duties of the Government Accountability Office; or,
(12) Pursuant to the order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
(1) A record shall be kept of all disclosures made under paragraph (a) of this section, except disclosures made with the consent of the individual to whom the record pertains (paragraph (a)(1) of this section), disclosures to authorized employees (paragraph (a)(2) of this section), and disclosures required under the Freedom of Information Act (paragraph (a)(3) of this section).
(2) The record shall include:
(ii) The name and address of the person or agency to whom the disclosure was made.
(c) The accounting described in paragraph (b) of this section will be made available to the individual named in the record upon his written request, directed to the Privacy Officer, Surface Transportation Board, 395 E Street, SW., Washington, DC 20423-0001, except that the accounting will not be revealed with respect to disclosures made under paragraph (a)(7) of this section 1107.6 pertaining to law enforcement activity, and will not be maintained as to disclosures involving systems of records exempted under section 1007.12.
(d) Whenever an amendment or correction of a record or a notation of dispute concerning the accuracy of records is made by the Board in accordance with §§ 1007.8 and 1007.9, the Board will inform any person or other agency to whom the record was previously disclosed, if an accounting of the disclosure was made pursuant to the requirements of paragraph (b) of this section.
Title 49 published on 2015-12-03
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 1007 after this date.
Title 49 published on 2015-12-03.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 49.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.