(1) Any liquid petroleum oil in a packaging having a capacity of 3,500 gallons or more; and
(2) Any liquid petroleum or non-petroleum oil in a quantity greater than 42,000 gallons per packaging.
(b) The requirements of this part have no effect on—
(1) The applicability of the Hazardous Materials Regulations set forth in subchapter C of this chapter; and
(2) The discharge notification requirements of the United States Coast Guard (33 CFR part 153) and EPA (40 CFR part 110).
(c) The requirements of this part do not apply to—
(1) Any mixture or solution in which oil is in a concentration by weight of less than 10 percent.
(2) Transportation of oil by aircraft or vessel.
(3) Any petroleum oil carried in a fuel tank for the purpose of supplying fuel for propulsion of the transport vehicle to which it is attached.
(4) Oil transport exclusively within the confines of a non-transportation-related or terminal facility in a vehicle not intended for use in interstate or intrastate commerce (see 40 CFR part 112, appendix A).
(d) The requirements in § 130.31(b) of this part do not apply to mobile marine transportation-related facilities (see 33 CFR part 154).
Title 49 published on 2013-10-01
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 49.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.