49 CFR 130.31 - Response plans.
(1) Sets forth the manner of response to discharges that may occur during transportation;
(2) Takes into account the maximum potential discharge of the contents from the packaging;
(3) Identifies private personnel and equipment available to respond to a discharge;
(4) Identifies the appropriate persons and agencies (including their telephone numbers) to be contacted in regard to such a discharge and its handling, including the National Response Center; and
(5) For each motor carrier, is retained on file at that person's principal place of business and at each location where dispatching of motor vehicles occurs; and for each railroad, is retained on file at that person's principal place of business and at the dispatcher's office.
(1) Conforms with all requirements specified in paragraph (a) of this section;
(2) Is consistent with the requirements of the National Contingency Plan ( 40 CFR part 300) and Area Contingency Plans;
(3) Identifies the qualified individual having full authority to implement removal actions, and requires immediate communications between that individual and the appropriate Federal official and the persons providing spill response personnel and equipment;
(4) Identifies, and ensures by contract or other means the availability of, private personnel (including address and phone number), and the equipment necessary to remove, to the maximum extent practicable, a worst case discharge (including a discharge resulting from fire or explosion) and to mitigate or prevent a substantial threat of such a discharge;
(5) Describes the training, equipment testing, periodic unannounced drills, and response actions of facility personnel, to be carried out under the plan to ensure the safety of the facility and to mitigate or prevent the discharge, or the substantial threat of such a discharge; and
(6) Is submitted, and resubmitted in the event of any significant change, to the Federal Railroad Administrator (for tank cars), or to the Federal Highway Administrator (for cargo tanks) at East Building, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590-0001.
Title 49 published on 09-May-2017 04:41
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 130 after this date.