49 CFR 130.31 - Response plans.
(a) No person may transport oil subject to this part unless that person has a current basic written plan that:
(4) Identifies the appropriate persons and agencies (including their telephone numbers) to be contacted in regard to such a discharge and its handling, including the National Response Center; and
(5) For each motor carrier, is retained on file at that person's principal place of business and at each location where dispatching of motor vehicles occurs; and for each railroad, is retained on file at that person's principal place of business and at the dispatcher's office.
(b) No person may transport an oil subject to this part in a quantity greater than 1,000 barrels (42,000 gallons) unless that person has a current comprehensive written plan that:
(2) Is consistent with the requirements of the National Contingency Plan (40 CFR part 300) and Area Contingency Plans;
(3) Identifies the qualified individual having full authority to implement removal actions, and requires immediate communications between that individual and the appropriate Federal official and the persons providing spill response personnel and equipment;
(4) Identifies, and ensures by contract or other means the availability of, private personnel (including address and phone number), and the equipment necessary to remove, to the maximum extent practicable, a worst case discharge (including a discharge resulting from fire or explosion) and to mitigate or prevent a substantial threat of such a discharge;
(5) Describes the training, equipment testing, periodic unannounced drills, and response actions of facility personnel, to be carried out under the plan to ensure the safety of the facility and to mitigate or prevent the discharge, or the substantial threat of such a discharge; and
(6) Is submitted, and resubmitted in the event of any significant change, to the Federal Railroad Administrator (for tank cars), or to the Federal Highway Administrator (for cargo tanks) at East Building, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590-0001.(Approved by the Office of Management and Budget under control number 2137-0591)
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 49 CFR Part 130.