49 CFR 1312.12 - Posting requirements.
(a) General posting requirements.
(1) Each carrier shall maintain, at its principal office, a complete set of its tariffs (proposed and effective) and those to which it is a party.
(2) Each carrier shall also maintain some or all of its tariffs at other locations, as may be useful. Carriers shall provide information regarding all locations where tariffs may be viewed.
(3) At all points where tariffs are posted, they shall be made available for inspection by any person during the carrier's normal business hours. The tariffs shall be accessible and readable. The carrier shall also post, in a conspicuous place in those locations, a notice, in large print, which contains a statement that the tariffs are available for public inspection.
(4) At all other carrier business offices, the carrier shall display a notice advising the public of the location of the nearest available tariff. The notice shall be in large print and posted in a conspicuous place. In addition, the carrier shall, upon request, make particular tariffs available at that location as soon as possible but not later than within 20 days, or provide the sought information orally if satisfactory to the requestor.
(5) Any publication referred to in a tariff must be posted with that tariff.
(b) Exception to the posting requirements. If any tariff maintained pursuant to paragraph (a)(2) of this section has not been used for a substantial length of time, the posting of that tariff, including its reissues, may be discontinued at that station until such time as a request is made to have it reposted. It shall then be reposted within 20 days.