49 CFR 1515.3 - Terms used in this part.
The terms used in 49 CFR parts 1500, 1540, 1570, and 1572 also apply in this part. In addition, the following terms are used in this part:
Administrative law judge means an administrative law judge appointed pursuant to the provisions of 5 U.S.C. 3105.
Applicant means an individual who has applied for one of the security threat assessments identified in 49 CFR 1515.1. This includes an individual who previously applied for and was found to meet the standards for the security threat assessment but TSA later determined that the individual poses a security threat.
Date of service means -
(1) In the case of personal service, the date of personal delivery to the residential address listed on the application;
(2) In the case of mailing with a certificate of service, the date shown on the certificate of service;
(3) In the case of mailing and there is no certificate of service, 10 days from the date mailed to the address designated on the application as the mailing address;
(4) In the case of mailing with no certificate of service or postmark, the date mailed to the address designated on the application as the mailing address shown by other evidence; or
(5) The date on which an electronic transmission occurs.
Day means calendar day.
Final Agency Order means an order issued by the TSA Final Decision Maker.
Decision denying a review of a waiver means a document issued by an administrative law judge denying a waiver requested under 49 CFR 1515.7.
Mail includes U.S. mail, or use of an express courier service.
Party means the applicant or the agency attorney.
Personal delivery includes hand-delivery or use of a contract or express messenger service, but does not include the use of Government interoffice mail service.
Properly addressed means a document that shows an address contained in agency records, a residential, business, or other address submitted by a person on any document provided under this subpart, or any other address shown by other reasonable and available means.
Substantial Evidence means such relevant evidence as a reasonable person might accept as adequate to support a conclusion.
Security threat assessment means the threat assessment for which the applicant has applied, as described in 49 CFR 1515.1.
TSA Final Decision Maker means the Administrator, acting in the capacity of the decision maker on appeal, or any person to whom the Administrator has delegated the Administrator's decision-making authority. As used in this subpart, the TSA Final Decision Maker is the official authorized to issue a final decision and order of the Administrator.