49 CFR 1544.239 - Known shipper program.
This section applies to each aircraft operator operating under a full program under § 1544.101(a) of this part and to each aircraft operator with a TSA security program approved for transfer of cargo to an aircraft operator with a full program or a foreign air carrier under paragraphs § 1546.101(a) or (b) of this chapter.
(a) For cargo to be loaded on its aircraft in the United States, each aircraft operator must have and carry out a known shipper program in accordance with its security program. The program must -
(1) Determine the shipper's validity and integrity as provided in the security program;
(2) Provide that the aircraft operator will separate known shipper cargo from unknown shipper cargo; and
(3) Provide for the aircraft operator to ensure that cargo is screened or inspected as set forth in its security program.
(b) When required by TSA, each aircraft operator must submit in a form and manner acceptable to TSA -
(1) Information identified in its security program regarding a known shipper, or an applicant for that status; and
(2) Corrections and updates of this information upon learning of a change to the information specified in paragraph (b)(1) of this section.