49 CFR 1572.19 - Applicant responsibilities for a TWIC security threat assessment.
(b) Implementation schedule for certain mariners. An applicant, who holds a Merchant Mariner Document (MMD) issued after February 3, 2003, and before April 15, 2009, or a Merchant Marine License (License) issued after January 13, 2006, and before April 15, 2009, must submit the information required in this section, but is not required to undergo the security threat assessment described in this part.
(c) Surrender of TWIC. The TWIC is property of the Transportation Security Administration. If an individual is disqualified from holding a TWIC under 49 CFR 1572.5, he or she must surrender the TWIC to TSA. Failure to surrender the TWIC to TSA may result in immediate revocation under 49 CFR 1572.5(b) and/or civil penalties.
(1) Is convicted of, wanted, under indictment or complaint, or found not guilty by reason of insanity, in a civilian or military jurisdiction, for a disqualifying criminal offense identified in 49 CFR 1572.103; or
(3) Renounces or loses U.S. citizenship or status as a lawful permanent resident; or
(4) Violates his or her immigration status and/or is ordered removed from the United States.
(e) Submission of fingerprints and information.
- 33 CFR 105.255 — Security Measures for Access Control.
- 33 CFR 104.265 — Security Measures for Access Control.
- 33 CFR 106.260 — Security Measures for Access Control.
- 49 CFR 1572.17 — Applicant Information Required for TWIC Security Threat Assessment.
- 49 CFR 1572.21 — Procedures for TWIC Security Threat Assessment.