49 CFR 1572.405 - Procedures for collection by TSA.
This section describes the procedures that an individual, who applies to obtain or renew an HME for a CDL, must follow if a TSA agent collects and transmits the Information Collection Fee, Threat Assessment Fee, and FBI Fee.
(a) Imposition of fees.
(1) An individual who applies to obtain or renew an HME, or the individuals' employer, must remit to the TSA agent the Information Collection Fee, Threat Assessment Fee, and FBI Fee, in a form and manner approved by TSA, when the individual submits the application required under 49 CFR part 1572.
(2) TSA shall publish the Information Collection Fee and Threat Assessment Fee described in this subpart for an individual who applies to obtain or renew an HME as a Notice in the Federal Register. TSA reviews the amount of the fees periodically, at least once every two years, to determine the current cost of conducting security threat assessments. Fee amounts and any necessary revisions to the fee amounts shall be determined by current costs, using a method of analysis consistent with widely accepted accounting principles and practices, and calculated in accordance with the provisions of 31 U.S.C. 9701 and other applicable Federal law.
(3) The FBI Fee required for the FBI to process fingerprint identification records and name checks required under 49 CFR part 1572 is determined by the FBI under Public Law 101-515. If the FBI amends this fee, TSA or its agent, will collect the amended fee.
(c) Remittance of fees.
(1) Fees required under this section, which are remitted to a TSA agent, must be made in U.S. currency, drawn on a U.S. bank, and made payable to the “Transportation Security Administration.”
(2) Fees required under this section must be remitted by check, money order, wire, or any other payment method acceptable to TSA.
(3) TSA will not issue any refunds of fees required under this section.
(4) Applications, submitted in accordance with 49 CFR part 1572, will be processed only upon receipt of all applicable fees under this section.