49 CFR 1580.100 - Applicability.
(a)Applicability. The requirements of this subpart apply to:
(2) Each rail hazardous materials shipper.
(5) Each operator of private cars, including business/office cars and circus trains, on or connected to the general railroad system of transportation.
(b)Rail security-sensitive materials. The requirements of this subpart apply to:
(1) A rail car containing more than 2,268 kg (5,000 lbs) of a Division 1.1, 1.2, or 1.3 (explosive) material, as defined in 49 CFR 173.50;
(2) A tank car containing a material poisonous by inhalation as defined in 49 CFR 171.8, including anhydrous ammonia, Division 2.3 gases poisonous by inhalation as set forth in 49 CFR 173.115(c), and Division 6.1 liquids meeting the defining criteria in 49 CFR 173.132(a)(1)(iii) and assigned to hazard zone A or hazard zone B in accordance with 49 CFR 173.133(a), excluding residue quantities of these materials; and
(3) A rail car containing a highway route-controlled quantity of a Class 7 (radioactive) material, as defined in 49 CFR 173.403.