49 CFR 173.422 - Additional requirements for excepted packages containing Class 7 (radioactive) materials.
An excepted package of Class 7 (radioactive) material that is prepared for shipment under the provisions of § 173.421, § 173.424, § 173.426, or § 173.428, or a small quantity of another hazard class transported by highway or rail (as defined in § 173.4) which also meets the requirements of one of these sections, is not subject to any additional requirements of this subchapter, except for the following:
(a) The outside of each package must be marked with:
(e) For a material that meets the definition of a hazardous substance or a hazardous waste, the shipping paper requirements of subpart C of part 172 of this subchapter, except that such shipments are not subject to shipping paper requirements applicable to Class 7 (radioactive) materials in §§ 172.202(a)(5), 172.202(a)(6), 172.203(d) and 172.204(c)(4).
- 49 CFR 173.424 — Excepted Packages for Radioactive Instruments and Articles.
- 49 CFR 173.423 — Requirements for Multiple Hazard Limited Quantity Class 7 (Radioactive) Materials.
- 49 CFR 173.428 — Empty Class 7 (Radioactive) Materials Packaging.
- 49 CFR 173.421 — Excepted Packages for Limited Quantities of Class 7 (Radioactive) Materials.
- 49 CFR 173.426 — Excepted Packages for Articles Containing Natural Uranium or Thorium.