49 CFR 173.54 - Forbidden explosives.
Unless otherwise provided in this subchapter, the following explosives shall not be offered for transportation or transported:
(1) An ammonium salt, including a substituted ammonium or quaternary ammonium salt; or
(2) An acidic substance, including a salt of a weak base and a strong acid.
(f) A loaded firearm (except as provided in 49 CFR 1544.219).
(h) Fireworks containing yellow or white phosphorus.
(i) A toy torpedo, the maximum outside dimension of which exceeds 23 mm (0.906 inch), or a toy torpedo containing a mixture of potassium chlorate, black antimony (antimony sulfide), and sulfur, if the weight of the explosive material in the device exceeds 0.26 g (0.01 ounce).
- 49 CFR 571.208 — Standard No. 208; Occupant Crash Protection.
- 49 CFR 176.3 — Unacceptable Hazardous Materials Shipments.
- 49 CFR 173.21 — Forbidden Materials and Packages.
- 49 CFR 172.101 — Purpose and Use of Hazardous Materials Table.
- 49 CFR 173.56 — New Explosives - Definition and Procedures for Classification and Approval.