49 CFR 228.9 - Records; general.
(a) Each manual record maintained under this part shall be -
(2) Retained for two years at locations identified by the carrier; and
(3) Available upon request at the identified location for inspection and copying by the Administrator during regular business hours.
(b) Each electronic record maintained under this part shall be -
(1) Certified by the employee whose time on duty is being recorded or, in the case of a train and engine crew or a signal employee gang, certified by the reporting employee who is a member of the train crew or signal gang whose time is being recorded;
(2) Electronically stamped with the certifying employee's name and the date and time of certification;
(3) Retained for 2 years in a secured file that prevents alteration after certification;
(5) Reproducible using the printing capability at the location where records are accessed.