49 CFR § 235.10 - Contents of applications.
(a) The application may be submitted by letter and shall contain the following information:
(1) The corporate name of each applicant;
(2) The manner in which applicant is involved;
(3) The location of the project, giving name of operating division and nearest station;
(4) The track or tracks involved;
(5) A complete description of proposed changes as they would affect the existing facilities or of the section from which relief is sought;
(6) The reason for proposed changes or justification for relief from the requirements;
(7) The approximate dates of beginning and completion of project;
(8) Changes in operating practices, temporary or permanent;
(9) Whether safety of operation will be affeced, and if so, how; and
(10) Whether proposed changes will conform to the Federal Railroad Administration's Rules, Standards and Instructions (part 236 of this title).