49 CFR 250.2 - Required exhibits.
There shall be filed with and made a part of each application and copy thereof the following exhibits, except that exhibits filed with the Administrator pursuant to some other statutory provision or regulation which are in the same format as the following exhibits may be incorporated in and made part of the application filed under this part by reference. While the application is pending, when actual data become available in place of the estimated or forecasted data required in the exhibits under this part, such actual data must be reported promptly to the Administrator in the form required in the appropriate exhibit.
(a) The following exhibits are required concerning the Trustee and the carrier:
(1) As Exhibit 1, copy of duly certified order of the court, or instrument of appointment, appointing trustees of the carrier.
(2) As Exhibit 2, a certified copy of the order(s) of the reorganization court having jurisdiction of applicant authorizing (i) the filing of the application with the Administrator for a guarantee of the Trustee's certificate; (ii) filing of the application with the Interstate Commerce Commission for authority to issue a Trustee's certificate; (iii) such pledge of security for the loan and the guarantee as the applicant proposes in connection with Exhibit 3; and (iv) compliance by the Trustee with conditions to the guarantee imposed by law and the Administrator.
(3) As Exhibit 3, full and complete statement, together with supporting evidence, that the probable value of the assets of the railroad in the event of liquidation provides reasonable protection to the United States.
(4) As Exhibit 4, a map of the carrier's existing railroad.
(5) As Exhibit 5, statement showing miles of line owned; miles operated; number of units of locomotives, freight cars, and passenger cars owned and leased; principal commodities carried; and identification of the ten most important industries served.
(6) As Exhibit 6, statement as to whether any railroad affiliated with the carrier has applied for or received any Federal assistance since 1970.
(7) As Exhibit 7, statement showing total dividends, if any, declared and total dividends paid for each of the last 5 calendar years and for each month of the current year to latest available date.
(8) As Exhibit 8, a copy of applicant's most recent year-end general balance sheet certified by applicant's independent public accountants, if available, and a copy of applicant's most recent unaudited general balance sheet as of a date no less recent than the end of the third month preceding the date of the filing of the application. The unaudited balance sheet shall be presented in account form and detail as required in Schedule 200 of the Commission's annual report R-1 or R-2, as appropriate, together with the following schedules (where changes in accounts from the end of the prior year to date of the application have not been significant, copies of the appropriate schedules in the prior year's R-1 or R-2 with marginal notations listing the changes may be substituted):
(i) Particulars of Account 704, Loans and Notes Receivable, in form and detail as required in Schedule 201 of annual report R-1 for the Class I railroads, and in similar form for the Class II railroads except that for Class II railroads, loans and notes receivable that are each less than $25,000 may be combined into a single amount;
(ii) Particulars of investment in affiliated companies and other investment in form and detail required in Schedules 205 and 206 of annual report R-1, or Schedules 1001 and 1002 of annual report R-2, as appropriate;
(iii) Particulars of balances in Accounts 741, Other Assets, and 743, Other Deferred Changes, in form and detail required in Schedule 216 of annual report R-1 or Schedule 1703 of annual report R-2, as appropriate;
(iv) Particulars of loans and notes payable in form and detail required in Schedule 223 of annual report R-1, or Schedule 1701 of annual report R-2, as appropriate, as well as information as to bank loans, including the name of the bank, date and amount of the original loan, current balance, maturities, rate of interest, and security, if any;
(v) Particulars of long-term debt in form and detail required in Schedules 218 and 219 of annual report R-1 or Schedules 670, 695, 901, 902 and 1702 of annual report R-2, as appropriate, together with a brief statement concerning each mortgage, pledge, and other lien, indicating the property or securities encumbered, the mortgage limit per mile, if any, and particulars as to priority;
(vi) Particulars of balance in Account 784. Other Deferred Credits, in form and detail required in Schedule 225 of annual report R-1 or Schedule 1704 of annual report R-2, as appropriate; and
(vii) Particulars as to capital stock in form and detail required in Schedules 228, 229, and 230 of annual report R-1 or Schedule 690 in annual report R-2, as appropriate.
(9) As Exhibit 9, a copy of carrier applicant's report to its stockholders or report of the trustee for each of the 3 years preceding the year in which the application is filed.
(10) As Exhibit 10, applicant's most recent annual income statement certified by applicant's independent public accounts if available, and a spread sheet showing unaudited monthly and year-to-date income statement data for the calendar year in which the application is filed in account form similar to that required in column (a) of Schedule 300 of annual report R-1 or R-2 as appropriate. For those months preceding and ending upon the date of the unaudited balance sheet presented in Exhibit 8, the income statement shall be reported on an actual basis and so noted. For those months between the dates of the unaudited balance sheet and the filing of the application, the income statement data shall be reported on an estimated basis and so noted and shall be submitted in conjunction with corresponding estimated month-end balance sheets. For those months between the date of the application and the end of the year income statement data shall be presented on a forecasted basis and so noted and shall be submitted in conjunction with a forecasted balance sheet as at the year end.
(11) As Exhibit 11, spread sheets showing for each of the four years subsequent to the year in which the application is filed, both before and after giving effect to the proceeds of the assistance required in the application:
(i) Forecasted annual income statement data in account form and detail similar to that required in column (a) of Schedule 300 of annual report R-1 or R-2 as appropriate, including the subaccounts comprising line 2 (railway operating expenses), as specified by lines 64, 92, 105, 159, 166, and 180 of Schedule 320; and
(ii) Forecasted year-end balance sheets in account form and detail similar to that required in Schedule 200 of annual report R-1 or R-2, as appropriate. These spread sheets shall be accompanied by a statement setting forth the bases for such forecasts.
(12) As Exhibit 12, a spread sheet showing changes in financial position for the year in which the application is filed in account form and detail as required in Schedule 309 of annual report R-1 and R-2 as appropriate as follows:
(i) For that period ending on the date of the unaudited balance sheet in Exhibit C, based upon actual data; and
(ii) For that period from the balance sheet date to the end of the year, based upon estimated and forecasted data.
(13) As Exhibit 13, a spread sheet showing forecasted changes in financial position for each of the four calendar years subsequent to the year in which the application is filed, both before and after giving effect to any funds requested in the application and including a statement showing the bases for such estimates, in account form and detail as required in Schedule 309 of the annual Report R-1 for Class I railroads in similar form and detail for Class II railroads.
(14) As Exhibit 14, a statement showing actual cash balance at the beginning of each month and the actual cash receipts and disbursements during each month of the current year to the date of the latest balance sheet furnished as Exhibit 8, together with a monthly forecast (both before and after giving effect to use of proceeds from the proposed loan) for the balance of the current year and the year subsequent thereto.
(15) As Exhibit 15, a general statement setting forth the facts as to estimated prospective earnings and other funds upon which applicant relies to repay the loan.
(b) The following exhibits are required as to the transaction.
(1) As Exhibit 16, copies of correspondence from all, and not less than three, lending institutions or security underwriters to which application for the financing has been made, evidencing that they have declined the financing unless guaranteed by the Secretary or specifying the terms upon which they will undertake the financing without such guarantee.
(2) As Exhibit 17, specimens, or forms where specimens are not available, of all securities to be pledged or otherwise issued in connection with the proposed loan; and in case of mortgage, a copy of the mortgage or indenture.
(3) As Exhibit 18, copies of the loan agreement entered into, or to be entered into, between the Trustee and lender, and of any agreements or instruments executed or be executed in connection with the proposed loan.