49 CFR 260.23 - Form and content of application generally.
Each application shall include, in the order indicated and identified by applicable paragraph numbers and letters corresponding to those used in this section, the following information:
(a) Full and correct name and principal business address of the Applicant;
(b) Date of Applicant's incorporation, or organization if not a corporation, and name of the government, State or territory under the laws of which it was incorporated or organized. If Applicant is a partnership, association, or other form of organization other than a corporation, a full description of the organization should be furnished;
(c) Name, title, and address of the person to whom correspondence regarding the application should be addressed.
(d) A statement of whether the project involves another railroad or other participant, through joint execution, coordination, or otherwise; if so, description of the relative participation of Applicant and such other railroad or participant, including financial statements (if applicable) and financing arrangements of each participant, portion of the work to be performed by each participant, and anticipated level of usage of the equipment or facility of each participant when the work is completed, along with a statement by a responsible officer or official of the other railroad or participant that the information provided reflects their agreement on these matters;
(e) A detailed description of the amount and timing of the financial assistance that is being requested and its purpose or purposes, including:
(1) Detailed description of the project and its purpose or purposes;
(3) Each part or sub-part into which the project may reasonably be divided and the priority and schedule of expenditure for each part or sub-part; and
(f) A listing and description of the collateral to be offered the Administrator in connection with any financial assistance provided; Applicant's opinion of the value of this security and the basis for such opinion; in the case of leased equipment to be rehabilitated or improved with the proceeds of the obligation proposed to be guaranteed, Applicant shall state, in addition to the above, whether the lease provides for, or the lessor will permit, encumbrance of the leasehold or subordination of the lessor's interest in the equipment to the Administrator;
(g) A statement, in summary form, showing financial obligations to or claims against the United States or obligations for which the United States is guarantor, if any, by Applicant or any affiliated corporate entity of the Applicant or the Applicant's parent as of the date of the application, including:
(1) Status of any claims under litigation; and
(2) Any other debits or credits existing between the Applicant and the United States, showing the department or agency involved in such loans, claims and other debts;
(h) To the extent such information is available, an analysis that includes:
(1) A statement, together with supporting evidence including copies of all market analyses and studies that have been performed to determine present and future demand for rail services or facilities, that the financing is justified by present and future probable demand for rail services or facilities, will meet existing needs for such services or facilities, and will provide shippers or passengers with improved service;
(2) Description of the impact of the project upon the projected freight or passenger traffic to be originated, terminated, or carried by the Applicant for at least the five years immediately following completion of the project;
(3) Explanation of the manner in which the project will increase the economical and efficient utilization of equipment and facilities; and
(i) A statement as to how the project will contribute to, or enhance, the safe operation of the railroad, considering such factors as the occupational safety and health of the employees and the improvement of the physical and other conditions that have caused or may cause serious injury or loss of life to the public or significant property damage;
(l) Information relevant to the potential environmental impacts of the project in the context of applicable Federal laws;
(m) Any additional information that the Applicant deems appropriate to convey a full and complete understanding of the project, the project's relations to the priorities listed in § 260.7, and its impact, or to assist the Administrator in making the statutorily prescribed findings; and
(n) Any other information which the Administrator may deem necessary concerning an application filed under this part.
(o) Railroad applicants must also submit a copy of application for financing for the project in the private sector, including terms requested, from at least one commercial lender, and its response refusing to provide such financing.