49 CFR 266.3 - Rail Service Assistance Program.
(a) Scope of the program. The Rail Service Assistance Program includes:
(1) Rail service continuation assistance;
(2) Acquisition assistance;
(3) Rehabilitation or improvement assistance;
(4) Substitute service assistance;
(5) Rail facility construction assistance;
(6) Planning assistance; and
(7) Program operations assistance.
(b) Special limitations on planning assistance and program operation assistance. (1) A State is eligible to receive up to $100,000, or 5 percent of its entitlement, whichever is greater, as planning assistance; and
(2) A State is eligible to receive up to 5 percent of the total amount of funds granted to it each fiscal year under paragraphs (a)(1) to (5) of this section as program operation assistance.