49 CFR 37.183 - Purchase or lease of new OTRBs by operators of fixed-route systems.
The following requirements apply to private entities that are primarily in the business of transporting people, whose operations affect commerce, and that operate a fixed-route system, with respect to OTRBs delivered to them on or after the date on which this subpart applies to them:
(a)Large operators. If a large entity operates a fixed-route system, and purchases or leases a new OTRB for or in contemplation of use in that system, it shall ensure that the vehicle is readily accessible to and usable by individuals with disabilities, including individuals who use wheelchairs.
(2) Ensure that equivalent service, as defined in § 37.105, is provided to individuals with disabilities, including individuals who use wheelchairs. To meet this equivalent service standard, the service provided by the operator must permit a wheelchair user to travel in his or her own mobility aid.
- 49 CFR 37.213 — Information Collection Requirements.
- 49 CFR 37.215 — Review of Requirements.
- 49 CFR 37.195 — Purchase or Lease of OTRBs by Private Entities Not Primarily in the Business of Transporting People.
- 49 CFR 37.193 — Interim Service Requirements.
- 49 CFR 37.185 — Fleet Accessibility Requirement for OTRB Fixed-Route Systems of Large Operators.