49 CFR 5.23 - Contents of notices.
(a) Each notice of proposed rulemaking is published in the Federal Register, unless all persons subject to it are named and are personally served with a copy of it.
(b) Each notice, whether published in the Federal Register or personally served, includes:
(1) A statement of the time, place, and nature of the proposed rule-making proceeding;
(2) A reference to the authority under which it is issued;
(3) A description of the subjects or issues involved or the substance or terms of the proposed rule;
(4) A statement of the time within which written comments must be submitted and the required number of copies; and
(5) A statement of how and to what extent interested persons may participate in the proceeding.