49 CFR 529.3 - Definitions.
(a) Statutory terms.
(2) The terms manufacture, manufacturer, and fuel economy are used as defined in section 501 of the Act.
(b) Other terms.
(2) Completed automobile means an automobile that requires no further manufacturing operations to perform its intended function, other than the addition of readily attachable components, such as mirrors or tire and rim assemblies, or minor finishing operations such as painting.
(3) Curb weight is defined the same as vehicle curb weight in 40 CFR part 86.
(5) Frontal area is used as defined in 40 CFR 86.079-2.
(6) Incomplete automobile means an assemblage consisting, as a minimum, of frame and chassis structure, power train, steering system, suspension system, and braking system to the extent that those systems are to be part of the completed automobile, that requires further manufacturing operations, other than the addition of readily attachable components, such as mirrors or tire and rim assemblies, or minor finishing operations such as painting, to become a completed automobile.