49 CFR 534.6 - Reporting corporate transactions.
Manufacturers who have entered into written contracts transferring rights and responsibilities such that a different manufacturer owns the controlling stock or exerts control over the design, production or sale of automobiles or heavy-duty vehicles to which Corporate Average Fuel Economy or Fuel Consumption standards apply shall report the contract to the agency as follows:
(a) The manufacturers must file a certified report with the agency affirmatively stating that the contract transfers rights and responsibilities between them such that one manufacturer has assumed a controlling stock ownership or control over the design, production or sale of vehicles. The report must also specify the first full model year to which the transaction will apply.
(b) Each report shall -
(1) Identify each manufacturer;
(2) State the full name, title, and address of the official responsible for preparing the report;
(3) Identify the production year being reported on;
(4) Be written in the English language; and
(5) Be submitted to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590.
(c) The manufacturers may seek confidential treatment for information provided in the certified report in accordance with 49 CFR part 512.