49 CFR 537.5 - General requirements for reports.
(a) For each current model year, each manufacturer shall submit a pre-model year report, a mid-model year report, and, as required by § 537.8, supplementary reports.
(1) The pre-model year report required by this part for each current model year must be submitted during the month of December (e.g., the pre-model year report for the 1983 model year must be submitted during December, 1982).
(2) The mid-model year report required by this part for each current model year must be submitted during the month of July (e.g., the mid-model year report for the 1983 model year must be submitted during July 1983).
(3) Each supplementary report must be submitted in accordance with § 537.8(c).
(1) Identify the report as a pre-model year report, mid-model year report, or supplementary report as appropriate;
(4) Be submitted in 5 copies to: Administrator, National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE., Washington, DC 20590, or submitted electronically to the following secure e-mail address: email@example.com. Electronic submissions should be provided in a pdf format.
(i) Specify any part of the information or data in the report that the manufacturer believes should be withheld from public disclosure as trade secret or other confidential business information.
(ii) With respect to each item of information or data requested by the manufacturer to be withheld under 5 U.S.C. 552(b)(4) and 15 U.S.C. 2005(d)(1), the manufacturer shall:
(d) Each report required by this part must be based upon all information and data available to the manufacturer 30 days before the report is submitted to the Administrator.
[47 FR 34986, Aug. 12, 1982, as amended at 75 FR 25728, May 7, 2010]
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
no entries appear in the Federal Register after this date.