49 CFR 611.13 - Overall project ratings.
prev | next
(a) The summary ratings developed for project justification local financial commitment (§§ 611.9 and 611.11) will form the basis for the overall rating for each project.
(b) FTA will assign overall ratings of “highly recommended,” “recommended,” and “not recommended,” as required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(e)(6), to each proposed project.
(1) These ratings will indicate the overall merit of a proposed new starts project at the time of evaluation.
(2) Ratings for individual projects will be updated annually for purposes of the annual report on funding levels and allocations of funds required by section 5309(o)(1), and as required for FTA approvals to enter into preliminary engineering, final design, or FFGAs.
(3) Support annual funding recommendations to Congress in the annual report on funding levels and allocations of funds required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(o)(1); and
(d) FTA will assign overall ratings for proposed new starts projects based on the following conditions:
(1) Projects will be rated as “recommended” if they receive a summary rating of at least “medium” for both project justification (§ 611.9) and local financial commitment (§ 611.11);
(2) Projects will be rated as “highly recommended” if they receive a summary rating higher than “medium” for both local financial commitment and project justification.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.