(a) The summary ratings developed for project justification local financial commitment (§§ 611.9 and 611.11) will form the basis for the overall rating for each project.
(b) FTA will assign overall ratings of “highly recommended,” “recommended,” and “not recommended,” as required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(e)(6), to each proposed project.
(1) These ratings will indicate the overall merit of a proposed new starts project at the time of evaluation.
(2) Ratings for individual projects will be updated annually for purposes of the annual report on funding levels and allocations of funds required by section 5309(o)(1), and as required for FTA approvals to enter into preliminary engineering, final design, or FFGAs.
(c) These ratings will be used to:
(1) approve advancement of a proposed project into preliminary engineering and final design;
(2) Approve projects for FFGAs;
(3) Support annual funding recommendations to Congress in the annual report on funding levels and allocations of funds required by 49 U.S.C. 5309(o)(1); and
(4) For purposes of the supplemental report on new starts, as required under section 5309(o)(2).
(d) FTA will assign overall ratings for proposed new starts projects based on the following conditions:
(1) Projects will be rated as “recommended” if they receive a summary rating of at least “medium” for both project justification (§ 611.9) and local financial commitment (§ 611.11);
(2) Projects will be rated as “highly recommended” if they receive a summary rating higher than “medium” for both local financial commitment and project justification.
(3) Projects will be rated as “not recommended” if they do not receive a summary rating of at least “medium” for both project justification and local financial commitment.
Beta! The text on the eCFR tab represents the unofficial eCFR text at ecfr.gov.
This section’s status may have changed. It may have been renumbered, reserved, or removed.
This is a list of United States Code sections, Statutes at Large, Public Laws, and Presidential Documents, which provide rulemaking authority for this CFR Part.