49 CFR 7.11 - Applicability.
(a) General. Pursuant to 5 U.S.C. 552(a)(1), DOT publishes the following records in the Federal Register and makes an index of the records publicly available. For purposes of this paragraph, material that is reasonably available to the class of persons affected by the material is considered to be published in the Federal Register when the material is incorporated by reference with the approval of the Director of the Federal Register.
(1) Descriptions of DOT's organization and the established places at which, the officers from whom, and the methods by which, the public may secure information and make submittals or obtain decisions;
(2) Statements of the general course and methods by which DOT's functions are channeled and determined, including the nature and requirements of all formal and informal procedures available;
(3) Rules of procedure, descriptions of forms available or the places at which forms may be obtained, and instructions as to the scope and contents of all papers, reports, or examinations;
(4) Substantive rules of general applicability adopted as authorized by law and statements of general policy or interpretations of general applicability formulated and adopted by DOT; and
(5) Each amendment, revision, or repeal of any material listed in paragraphs (a)(1) through (4) of this section.
(b) Federal Register locations. DOT makes its Federal Register publications and indices publicly available at the physical locations identified in § 7.12(b). The publications and indices can be accessed online at http://www.federalregister.gov.