49 CFR Part 40, Subpart O - Substance Abuse Professionals and the Return-to-Duty Process
- § 40.281 — Who is qualified to act as a SAP?
- § 40.283 — How does a certification organization obtain recognition for its members as SAPs?
- § 40.285 — When is a SAP evaluation required?
- § 40.287 — What information is an employer required to provide concerning SAP services to an employee who has a DOT drug and alcohol regulation violation?
- § 40.289 — Are employers required to provide SAP and treatment services to employees?
- § 40.291 — What is the role of the SAP in the evaluation, referral, and treatment process of an employee who has violated DOT agency drug and alcohol testing regulations?
- § 40.293 — What is the SAP's function in conducting the initial evaluation of an employee?
- § 40.295 — May employees or employers seek a second SAP evaluation if they disagree with the first SAP's recommendations?
- § 40.297 — Does anyone have the authority to change a SAP's initial evaluation?
- § 40.299 — What is the SAP's role and what are the limits on a SAP's discretion in referring employees for education and treatment?
- § 40.301 — What is the SAP's function in the follow-up evaluation of an employee?
- § 40.303 — What happens if the SAP believes the employee needs additional treatment, aftercare, or support group services even after the employee returns to safety-sensitive duties?
- § 40.305 — How does the return-to-duty process conclude?
- § 40.307 — What is the SAP's function in prescribing the employee's follow-up tests?
- § 40.309 — What are the employer's responsibilities with respect to the SAP's directions for follow-up tests?
- § 40.311 — What are the requirements concerning SAP reports?
- § 40.313 — Where is other information on SAP functions and the return-to-duty process found in this regulation?
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01.
The following are only the Rules published in the Federal Register after the published date of Title 49.
For a complete list of all Rules, Proposed Rules, and Notices view the Rulemaking tab.
Title 49 published on 2014-10-01
The following are ALL rules, proposed rules, and notices (chronologically) published in the Federal Register relating to 49 CFR Part 40 after this date.