5 CFR 178.102 - Procedures for submitting claims.
(a)Content of claims. Except as provided in paragraph (b) of this section, a claim shall be submitted by the claimant in writing and must be signed by the claimant or by the claimant's representative. While no specific form is required, the request should describe the basis for the claim and state the amount sought. The claim should also include:
(1) The name, address, telephone number and facsimile machine number, if available, of the claimant;
(3) A copy of the denial of the claim; and,
(4) Any other information which the claimant believes OPM should consider.
(b)Agency submissions of claims. At the discretion of the agency, the agency may forward the claim to OPM on the claimant's behalf. The claimant is responsible for ensuring that OPMreceives all the information requested in paragraph (a) of this section.
(1) The agency's factual findings;
(2) The agency's conclusions of law with relevant citations;
(3) The agency's recommendation for disposition of the claim;
(4) A complete copy of any regulation, instruction, memorandum, or policy relied upon by the agency in making its determination;
(5) A statement that the claimant is or is not a member of a collective bargaining unit, and if so, a statement that the claim is or is not covered by a negotiated grievance procedure that specifically excludes the claim from coverage; and
(d)Canceled checks for veterans' benefits. Claims for the proceeds of canceled checks for veterans' benefits payable to deceased beneficiaries must be accompanied by evidence that the claimant is the duly appointed representative of the decedent's estate and that the estate will not escheat.
(e)Where to submit claims.
(1) All claims under this section should be sent to the Program Manager, Office of Merit Systems Oversight and Effectiveness, Room 7671, Office of Personnel Management, 1900 E Street NW., Washington, DC 20415. Telephone inquiries regarding these claims may be made to (202) 606-7948.
Title 5 published on 2015-12-02.
No entries appear in the Federal Register after this date, for 5 CFR Part 178.